Saturday 25 July 2009

Wise Words of Price Headley

I recall him saying that he'd made more money sitting on his hands and doing nothing, than he had from trading. I did likewise on Thursday-watched the market go berserk in the afternoon, which forced me to rethink my levels.
Indecision?
No say I, as it is prudent if you have no clues to stay away- no point in guessing, when none of your parameters are met.
Thus now I'm looking at a possible combo -4800/4300 as I want to get that quickly into an iron condor. The risks of a big down day are at extremes now based on daily volatility. FTSE volumes are well down, so maybe this whole rally has been an illusion.
Those with the clout to buy the market to the moon are fully aware of the damage they have done, and there does seem to be an exodus of traders out of the stock market (which is clearly as bent as a nine bob note, but is tradeable sometimes), to foreign exchange.
I have been looking at this myself but it's unlikely I'll abandon my passion for options- but how long do people have to take a kicking, before they move on to a 'scum free level playing field'?
The forex market and attendant trading platforms and bits and bobs have been the new rock 'n' roll for many years now, and on the basis that it is too big to fiddle, continues to attract many new players. Early ( 6.30 a.m.) starts are de rigeur.
Now where's my trusty alarm clock?

No comments:

Post a Comment